Circular Pirkanmaa
Circular Pirkanmaa

Your Partner in Circular Economy

We will harness the powers of both the public sector and private businesses to create regional influence and impact together with commercial success for businesses.

Concrete and Functional Assistance for Circular Economy

Circular Pirkanmaa, or KiPi, is a regional, publicly funded development centre for circular economy founded in 2023 and operated by Ekokumppanit Oy. We assist municipalities and businesses in taking successful steps towards sustainable circular economy.

Our services focus on building, road and street construction, earthworks, and industrial material flows. These elements encompass the greatest economic and environmental benefits for circular economy solutions.

Our goal is to harness the powers of both the public sector and private businesses to create regional influence and impact while providing commercial success opportunities businesses,  thus creating a systematic change for circular economy together.

Check out how we help municipalities and businesses with circular economy

New regional vitality from circular economy.


Vitality for economic growth from circular economy.


What is circular economy about?

Kiertotalous Icon money
Circular economy is the economy model of tomorrow, focusing on retaining the material value in societal processes as high as possible, for as long as possible.
An Economy Model
Kiertotalous Icon lightbulb
Circular economy is not just about recycling: it is rethinking and imagining the core processes, such as planning and material flow. This process results in all operations running in accordance with the principles of resource efficiency.
Resource Efficiency
Icon 90%
In general, about 90% of decisions making or breaking circular economy are made during the planning stage of products, processes, and services.

In the future, there’s only one economy. Circular economy.

Circular economy is the economy model of tomorrow, with versatile benefits for the economy, the environment, and social factors as well.

The growing role of circular economy for operations of both the municipalities and businesses has been emphasised more than ever before, and not just from the environmental perspective: the war in Ukraine and material availability challenges following the conflict, together with the increased energy costs were the final wake-up call for the importance of self-sufficiency for materials. The less dependent the municipality or business is in terms of raw materials produced elsewhere, the more self-sufficient it can be in the future.

Societies are continuously producing material and by-products hiding massive, unutilised potential. Currently, EU’s circular material use rate is only 11 percent (Eurostat 2021). The remaining 89 percent is turned to waste that requires us to invest considerable amount of time and resources.

If our desire is to remain as self-sufficient as possible during the time of crisis as well, we must come up with ways to better circulate our regional resources instead of wasting them completely and being dependent on external resources. However, many operators lack the competence and functional tools for this process.

We at KiPi are here to help. Together with other operators and experts we look for, find, and tailor the best tools for you to use.

What kind of a partner is KiPi?

We are a likeable, goal-oriented group of operators with a relaxed attitude. We are genuinely driven to find the solutions you need.

We influence our environment in a way many operators are not used to. We are aiming for shared benefits and changing operational environments in strong cooperation with municipalities and businesses, whose dialogue we are also aiming to increase.

Together, for better success!